Job Title: CAD Modeler
Revision Date: December 2016
Job Description: To stream line the concept to production processes, utilizing computer-aided design software, computer-aided manufacturing software, computer controlled (CNC) machines and three-dimensional digitizer equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Aid and advise in the development of new products.
• Bring concept illustrations and clay models to real scale digital data.
• Analyze 3D models for functionality and compatibility of desired specifications
• Create visual renderings and technical drawings to be reviewed
• Create specification drawings for prototyping and manufacturing of new products
• Send out digital models for rapid prototyping
• Create full size working static prototype models of design concept for Production engineer/cost analysis
• Create digital patterns and templates to insure new hull concepts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• 5 years experience with computer-aided design and drafting software
• 5 years experience in design and problem solving
• 5 years experience in three dimensional digital design
• Experience with free-form 3D modeling
• Experience in computer-aided manufacturing software and CNC routing
• Involvement of recreational skiing, slalom and wakeboarding
• Excellent organizational skills and be self motivated
• Must be able to work in non climate controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed
outside air temperature.
• Be able to bend properly at waist and knees and stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds when necessary.
• Must be able to wear proper safety equipment.
• This is a safety sensitive position.
• Be able to work well in a team environment with all departments within Nautique Boat Company.
• Have the ability to evolve personal working skills in a continuing effort to insure that the Product Design
• and Development team is always revolutionizing to benefit Nautique Boat Company.
• Willingness to accept a continuing education process in order to enhance the position for personal and
• over-all corporate advantage.
• Promote and display the highest standards of ethics and practices both internally and externally as agents
• For Nautique Boat Company.
Americans with Disability Specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions, normal office environment or factory environment that is not climate controlled. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The factory in certain areas maintains a high fiberglass and dust environment.
Personal Protective Equipment might be required in certain areas of the factory including but not limited to safety glasses, respirator, hearing protection, gloves and protective garments.
Employees in safety-sensitive positions must report to work fit for duty and must remain fit for duty throughout their work day. To be fit for duty, the employee must not be impaired by alcohol, illicit drugs, or medication.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Nautique Boat Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Nautique Boat Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nautique Boat Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Nautique Boat Company’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
By signing this job description, you understand your job tasks and responsibilities. According to Nautique Boat Company policy employees are not eligible for transfer until completion of one year of employment unless initiated by the company.
Contact Jennifer DeLara, HR Coordinator
407-855-4141 ext. 133
|Job Category||Job Postings|