Inventory & Supply Chain Manager Job Summary
Custom Metal Designs, Inc. is looking to hire an expert Inventory & Supply Chain Manager.
In this important role, you will have responsibility and accountability for driving the high performance of the functional support areas of materials procurement, inventory management, warehousing, and inbound / outbound transportation to ensure the success of the whole plant; delivering outstanding, yet efficient and cost effective, service. The Inventory & Supply Chain Manager will need to collaborate with the entire management team in the creation and evolution of operating procedures to maximize the efficiency and productivity of the operation.
Inventory & Supply Chain Manager Responsibilities
- Responsible for material procurement, warehousing & distribution of raw materials, goods-in-process, and finished goods.
- Ensures timely and accurate inbound / outbound logistics for plant materials and finished goods.
- Fosters vendor relationships to establish ideal lead-times, VMI programs, and optimal pricing.
- Facilitates cross-functional integration and communication across the plant to deliver seamless operational flow from materials planning, distribution, and invoicing.
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures to drive continuous improvement, effective knowledge transfer, and cost reduction.
- In collaboration with leadership and ISO standards, defines KPIs to drive optimal performance and diagnose opportunities for improvement.
- Leads their team in building a culture of respect, teamwork, and accountability throughout the operation and with the other departments.
Inventory & Supply Chain Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, or Industrial Engineering preferred; alternative disciplines accepted with relevant experience
- Prior experience with an ERP/MRP system a must, SAP experience is ideal.
- Knowledge of material procurement and warehousing best practices.
- Experience in shipping and receiving of raw materials, finished goods, supplies.
- Able to multiple-task, prioritize, and easily adapt to changing demands.
- Knowledge of manufacturing work-flow principles, preferred.
All resumes will be reviewed by our HR staff and candidates will be contacted for interview. After the interviews are conducted, an offer letter will be generated and sent to the chosen candidate. The associate will be sent for drug testing and a background check will be performed. Custom Metal Designs takes pride in being a Drug-Free Workplace. Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, and efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to revise duties as needed.
▪ Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
▪ Group dental plan
▪ Group vision plan
▪ Life insurance (with accidental death and dismemberment benefits)
▪ Medical GAP Insurance
▪ 401(k) retirement savings plan with match (offered after one year of service)
▪ Short-term and Long-term Disability
▪ PTO pay for hourly paid employees
▪ Vacation pay (offered after one year of service)
▪ 7 paid holidays
▪ Paycheck direct deposit
▪ Casual company environment that encourages comfort and enjoyment for our employees in the workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Family company environment that encourages comfort and enjoyment for our employees in the workplace.
All interested applicants, please reach out to Rochelle Lindsay at RLindsay@custommetaldesigns.com
|Job Category||Job Postings|