Earnest Products has been providing the highest-quality sheet metal fabrication and related services in Central Florida since 1994. We fabricate custom metal parts of aluminum, steel, stainless steel, copper, brass and other specialty materials – including enclosures, chassis, panels, brackets, frames, racks and cabinets for a multitude of industries.
This position is responsible for running the laser machine for the sheet metal fabrication process in our Flat department. In this position you will need to drive continuous improvement in the department and ensure high-quality output. Must at all time support the company Vision and Values to positively impact morale and build a healthy environment for all team members.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all set-ups and production runs, ensuring safety, accuracy and timeliness of all jobs.
- Strong knowledge of laser and punch press machines and be able to set-up, adjust and prepare the following:
- Amanda laser
- Turret punch/laser combination
- Work with Engineering, Programming and Operation to ensure finished products are produced in safest, effective manner, while maintaining high quality control standards.
- Daily interaction with associates, and Supervisor
- Meet customer specifications
- Take the lead in problem resolution
- Assist Maintenance Department with maintaining equipment
- Act in a professional manner while interacting with all levels of the organization
- Perform housekeeping as needed to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Adheres to Earnest Products Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements
- Performs other functions as required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Degree is required, Trade School Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Must have 1 to 2 years of experience operating, setting up, and programming various punch press and laser machines
- Understands the use of precision measurement tools, calipers, protractor, tape measure, etc.
- Must be able to lead, train and work with a variety of associates
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English
- Must have reliable attendance, willing to work flexible hours
- Operate fork lift as needed
- Humidity level may be elevated during summer months
- Exposure to certain contaminants, at times.
- Exposure to loud noise levels, at times.
- Must have full range of motion and be able to kneel and bend for extended periods as task may require.
- This position requires continual use of your hands, considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials.
- This position requires long periods of standing
- The use of safety equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, helmets and hearing protection is utilized daily.
- This position requires lifting and maneuvering 50lbs. without physical restrictions and up to 70lbs. with assistance of lifting equipment or other team members
- This is a 40 hour per week job with occasional overtime.
Earnest Products provides a benefit package to all regular full-time employees beyond monetary compensation which includes medical, vision, dental, life, short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) plan, incentive bonus, PTO pay, and six (6) paid holidays per year.
Earnest Products is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status
Job Type: Full-time
|Job Category||Job Postings|