The primary purpose of this job is to provide leadership, focus and direction to the operations team to enhance growth and profit orientated manufacturing performance in support of company strategic objectives. Establish operational procedures, processes, and discipline along with a continuous improvement culture.
- Adheres to Earnest Products Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
- Sets the leadership example and acts as a team player in the best interest of Earnest Products, its customers and employees.
- Provides leadership and direction to the manufacturing operations team, including scheduling, warehouse, and inventory management to support company objectives; directly supervises all Production Supervisors, Scheduling and Inventory Manager, and Maintenance Manager.
- Accountable for safety, quality, quantity and cost of production collaborating with Functional Leaders where applicable.
- Assists in short and long-range operations strategy development for the business. Develops manufacturing operations roadmap to support growth.
- Develops and incorporates Continuous Improvement initiatives ensuring product performance, compliance and capacity planning.
- Ensures facilities and equipment are designed, built and maintained to reduce lead times, costs and defects; deploys manufacturing best practices throughout the facility.
- Collaborates with and coordinates other functions activities to deliver Plant goals (Engineering, Quality, HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Sales).
- Drives performance and accountability through key performance indicators; develops a high-performance workforce and first-line leadership team.
- Provides and drives excellent communication within his/her team and across the organization and ensures alignment on key objectives.
- Supports and drives development of a plant-wide continuous improvement culture.
Performs other functions as required.
|Minimum Education:||Technical or business bachelor’s degree, with master’s degree(s) in business or technical field desired.|
|Minimum Experience:||10+ of manufacturing leadership experience that afforded exposure to all areas of plant operations. High mix, low volume manufacturing experience a must. Sheet metal experience a plus.|
|Specialized Knowledge:||Lean manufacturing knowledge and implementation experience, value stream mapping, pull systems, problem solving and 5S.|
|Special Skills:||Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead teams and initiatives to achieve goals; leads by example. Proven ability to coach, empower and develop direct reports. Excellent problem-solving, analytical and computer skills.|