JOB POSTING – Sheet Metal Forming Department
Brake Press Operator
HR Contact: Cameron Cornish: email@example.com
Job Summary: Responsible producing parts using operating forming fabrication machines and related equipment for Forming Department. The operator will be responsible for the setup operation of the press brake and will be working with various materials.
Role and Responsibilities
• Must be able to safely set up and perform brake operations to exact specifications of fabrication work orders
• Read all shop orders or blueprints and process parts accordingly
• Must understand and calculate bend deduction allowances according to the fabrication instructions
• Ability to work with parts large and small
• Must be able to select correct tooling and step sequence
• Complete regular maintenance of equipment, keeping the work area clean
• Assisting in quality assurance so all parts meet Quality standards.
• Adheres to Earnest Products Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements
• Performs other functions as required
• Work overtime as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• High School Diploma or GED
• High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
• Must be willing to cross train in other functions of the department to fill in as needed
• Basic reading skill. Must be able to read and follow directions
• Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
• Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
Working Conditions: Safety glasses and steel toe boots required always. Humidity level may be elevated during summer months. Exposure to certain contaminants, at times. Exposure to loud noise levels, at times.
Physical Demands: Ability to move or transfer products using pallet jack. Ability to lift up to 50lbs. and up to 70lbs with assistance when required. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, and reach with hands and arms.
Earnest Products is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
|Job Category||Job Postings|