Submit serious inquiries and resumes to MACFHQ@MACF.BIZ
The primary purpose of this job is to lead and coordinate activities of production team members including product line(s) or production shift of significant size and volumes to ensure that production requirements, performance goals, and improvement objectives are achieved. Establish operational procedures, processes, and discipline along with a continuous improvement culture. Additionally, may have accountabilities for special projects, research and analysis at a high level.
1. adheres to Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
2. Sets the leadership example and acts as a team player in the best interest of the company, its customers and employees.
3. Provides direction in the resolution of technical and production-related problems to assure completion of weekly schedules that meet or exceed Company and Customer expectations.
4. Monitors the alignment of product or line(s) with master production schedule and material planning to meet production goals.
5. Monitors departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports.
6. Ensures jobs are closed in production tracking system and data is accurate.
7. Supervises Associates in a manner that fosters a safe work environment and self-directed team approach.
8. Provides continuous communication to Plant management on production, facility and Associate accomplishments and/or concerns.
9. Identifies, arranges and/or provides training to ensure a safe, efficient, high-quality work environment with focus on continuous improvement through Lean manufacturing principles.
10. Facilitates communication, coordination and conflict resolution within and among work groups.
11. Provides leadership to Associates in all areas including: hiring, performance management, coaching, counseling and corrective actions and ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures.
12. Assists in the analysis of production and related processes and makes recommendations on improvements and organization of process improvement activity through the application of Six-Sigma & Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
13. Promotes an atmosphere of diversity, open communication and trust, affording opportunities for training and growth.
14. Collaborates and communicates effectively with production supervisor counterparts as well as key members of all supporting functions.
15. Remains flexible to the needs of the business and performs other functions as required.
Minimum Education: Technical or business Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Minimum Experience: 5+ years of manufacturing experience in multiple areas of plant operations. High mix, low volume manufacturing experience a must.
Specialized Knowledge: Lean manufacturing knowledge and implementation experience, value stream mapping, pull systems, problem solving and 5S, supervisory experience.
Special Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills, demonstrated ability to lead team activities, ability to coach, conflict resolution, excellent problem-solving skills. Analytical and computer skills.