WHS is looking for an energetic Sales Manager responsible for hiring, training, managing and developing sales staff while meeting company financial goals, evaluating processes and procedures. Implementing corporate strategies according to the vision, values and direction set by the President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, develop and coordinate the functions of the sales department including sales budget and forecasts
- Identify new sales opportunities (e.g., emerging markets and opportunities for new solutions) based on market learning, customer input and emerging trends
- Responsible for providing direction, leadership, development opportunities, and training to the sales team, as well as ongoing communication of related status and issues to executive management team
- Maintain existing Sales opportunities
- Provide feedback to President and Ops Team on new product development based on clients’ requests
- Support test and evaluations of new products and application
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures
- Direct, hire, train, develop, evaluate and maintain discipline of department employees
- Develop and review performance evaluations for sales and customer service employees; 90 days for new hire and annually thereafter while continually coaching and monitoring employees to ensure goals are met
- Provide seamless interface between the customer and manufacturer
- Communicate and liaise with support services such as IT, HR, Operations, and Financing in order to improve overall efficiency and functioning of the organization
- In partnership with Executive Team, work to set priorities, monitor progress and measure success towards Company’s vision and long-term goals and assure a smoothly functioning, efficient organization through development and implementation of standards, procedures and regular performance-based evaluation
- Provide input on marketing strategies to Executive Management Team
- Support trade show and customer events when appropriate
- Intimately familiar with, and able to deal with, DoD, FEMA and other governmental and/or NGO’s
- Travel within the US and foreign countries as required
- Able to get access to US military bases
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 to 7 years in progressive experience in Military and Government Sales Management including Domestic and International travel.
- Experience working with the Military
- Preference given to experience in the Military/Expeditionary/Humanitarian/Medical Shelter Market
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, disciplined and be able to work effectively cross-departmentally to understand key players
- This position requires the ability to hit the ground sprinting and the ability to work from experience, and leverage existing resources, is critical.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; QuickBooks, and other Company ERP programs.
- Experience with shelter systems markets and opportunities
- Maintain job specific certifications as necessary
BS in Management or equivalent preferred, can be substituted for experience.
Contact Michelle Theodoseau
Office: 407.545.3030 ext. 579
|Job Category||Job Postings|