Job Title: Shop Foreman
Reports to: Owner
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The Shop Foreman / Machine Operator position is a working Production Supervisor position that is responsible for assigning work to and monitoring shop employees in a manufacturing environment that uses manual and computer numeric operated machinery to fabricate parts from a variety of raw materials.
This position plans and assigns work, organizes and monitors work flow with a hands-on approach, implements policies and procedures, and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
This position is that of a player-coach – one who is capable of performing manufacturing assignments personally as well as supervising others to accomplish theirs.
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by ensuring proper machine maintenance is completed, and calling for repairs when needed; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed; running CNC machinery, shipping, receiving and quality support.
|Job Category||Job Postings|