POSITION: Tool Room/Mold Repair
DEPT: Tool Room
SUPERVISOR: Eric Ogden
Interested Applicants should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Overall responsibility for the Tool Room/Mold Repair Shop department. Provide professional and timely repair services, both preventative and corrective. Supervise and coordinate the activities of Tool Room personnel and direct involvement with production.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the development of the departmental budget and maintain costs within budget limits.
• Plan, organize, and delegate work assignments to accommodate departmental schedules and to best utilize man-hours and equipment.
• Provide a safe work environment, ensure employees adhere to safety policies and conduct department safety meetings.
• Develop and ensure strict adherence to the preventative maintenance schedule.
• Review, update and approve employee time and attendance records.
• Review performance of employees, ensure satisfactory performance and take an active role in improving employee performance.
• Maintain records and provide appropriate training to employees to meet current and future job requirements.
• Develop departmental goals and communicate performance to goals to employees.
• Establish work instructions and procedures as needed.
• Plan and schedule long range projects.
• Provide technical direction and assistance in support of activities performed by Tool Room personnel.
• Review mold maintenance records for accuracy and pertinence for equipment history.
• Ensure production schedule for molding department may be obtained through proper maintenance of molding tools.
• Support the capital planning and acquisition process as required.
• Trouble-shoot and repair molding tools.
• Weld and fabricate different metals for maintenance work orders.
• Operate Mills, lathes, and other machine shop tools.
• Troubleshoot equipment over the phone with manufacturing technicians.
• Must take the lead in being a positive team player.
• Must be able to support and lead others and perform advanced skill level training.
• Take major projects from start to finish.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
• Knowledge of best practices for areas of responsibility.
• Knowledge of company policies.
• Knowledge of skills required for employees to perform their jobs.
• Knowledge of regulations for safety and environmental as they relate to Plant 7 operations.
• Knowledge of project management and planning.
• Broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations and training and development.
• Knowledge of the capital appropriation process.
• Verbal and written skills necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as representatives from outside organizations.
• Basic computer skills to include spread sheets, word processing, cad and other applications as required.
• Thorough understanding of supervisory practices.
• Leadership, interpersonal and motivation skills.
• Skills related to performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
• Ability to reason through problems and suggest workable solutions.
• Ability to take on short notice assignments and meet close deadlines.
• Ability to understand and interpret regulatory policies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Associate degree preferred or journeyman card with 10 years experiences in field
• Maintenance experience
• Some supervisory experience
• Computer literate.
|Job Category||Job Postings|