Troy M. Peterson, LtCol, USMC
Cell (262) 893-4189
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Results-driven, agile and analytical Program Manager and Marine Corps Officer Veteran with 18 years proven history as a charismatic leader, unwavering integrity and steadfast work ethic. High performer that has demonstrated an innate ability to actively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across cross-functional integrated products teams that are geographically dispersed. Self-motivated and quick learner that has extensive experience driving creative problem-solving solutions and top team performance in dynamic and high-pressure atmospheres while maintaining a positive and cohesive work environment. Possesses TS/SCI Eligibility, PMP Certification and comprehensive background in program and logistics management.
SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Project & Program Management | Budgeting and Reporting | Scheduling | Technical Requirement Management | Contract Management | Proposal Management (RFP & Source Selection) | Customer Facing & Mission Focus | Acquisition Services | Agile Process Management | Continuous Process Improvement | Logistics Management | Modeling and Simulation | Resource Management & Business Strategy | Risk Management | Strategic Critical Thinker | Leader & Team Development | Detail-Oriented | Conflict Resolution | Multi-Task With Competing Priorities & Deadlines | Problem Solving | Foster Collaborative and Inclusive Environment |
TS/SCI Security Clearance Eligibility | Project Management Professional (PMP) | Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSS GB) | Cybersecurity Program Manager Credential ((Defense Acquisition University) (DAU)) | Program Manager Course (PMT 401 DAU) | Program Management Level III (DAU) | Lifecycle Logistics Level III (DAU) | Agile Software Acquisition (DAU) | Visual Modeling & Simulation (AVT 101 & AVT 202 University Of Central Florida)|
Master Certificate, Systems Engineering, The Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), Monterey, CA
Master Of Business Administration, Material Logistics, NPS, Monterey, CA
Bachelor of Science, Economics, The United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
December 2021 – Present Product Manager (PdM) Range Training Systems (RTS)
Program Manager Training Systems (PM TRASYS), Marine Corps Systems Command
• Leading the largest and most complex portfolio within PM TRASYS, comprised of 12 acquisition programs.
• Actively leading the RTS Integrated Product Team (IPT) through the execution of multiple high visibility (General Officer Interest) acquisition efforts. Executing over $117M in FY22 and planning to execute $202M in FY23.
• Developed innovative acquisition strategies including the largest Other Transaction Authority (OTA) production contract in the Department of the Navy for force-on force capabilities, totaling over $100M.
• Leading the first Marine Corps Training as a Service (TaaS) program of record in support of Trackless Mobile Infantry Targets Capability, totaling over $30M.
• Supervised and led the RTS IPT of 50 military, civilian, and contractor personnel to accomplish range modernization efforts that incorporate improved instrumentation, after action review technologies, innovative next generation target systems and threat representations, expanded military operations and immersive training in urban terrain capabilities.
October 2020 – December 2021 Product Manager (PdM) Training Systems Sustainment Support Services (TS4)
Program Manager Training Systems, Marine Corps Systems Command
• Hand selected to stand up the innovative and external facing PdM TS4; charged with managing all of PM TRASYS sustainment and support services for virtual and constructive simulators and live fire ranges across the training enterprise.
• Led the acquisition strategy development, request for proposal generation and follow on competitive source selections in direct support of two multiple award task order contracts (MATOCS). These efforts include equipment related services – systems and electronic communication services MATOCs that supported the maintenance, logistics, post deployment software support and cybersecurity of simulators that PM TRASYS was chartered to sustain with contract ceilings totaling $500M.
• Led the acquisition strategy development, request for proposal generation and follow on competitive source selections for five single award indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (SAIDIQ) for five geographic locations. These efforts included equipment related services – ranges SAIDIQ; which will be charged with supporting live fire ranges, atmospherics, and range maintenance with a projected estimated contract ceilings totaling $1B.
• Led the PdM IPT through the daily execution of an established knowledge based services MATOC, infantry immersion trainer, home station role player, and global training system support contracts executed over $72M in FY21 and planned to execute $97M in FY22.
• Supervised and provided leadership for 33 TS4 civilians and program support staff.
June 2019 – October 2020 Product Manager Individual Training Systems (ITS)
Program Manager Training Systems, Marine Corps Systems Command
• Competitively board selected for an O5 Command Equivalent billet and successfully managed the cost, schedule and performance requirements for four programs to include: Family of Egress Trainers ,
Supporting Arms Virtual Trainer, Indoor Simulated Marksmanship Trainer and Marine Common Driver Trainer.
• Executed over $50M in FY20 and planned to execute over $35M in FY21 in support of ITS capabilities; comprised of research development test and evaluation (RDT&E), procurement (PMC) and operations and maintenance (OMMC) appropriations.
• Successfully achieved a Milestone C Decision in direct support of Marine Common Driver Trainer with the first delivery order valued at over $20M and contract ceiling totaling over $110M.
• Selected to lead the PM TRASYS re-organization IPT comprised of a diverse workforce of over 158 personnel (military, civilians and contractors). Developed and managed an integrated master schedule, selected new leadership billets, and conducted an extensive communication plan to ensure the workforce embraced the change to the PM TRASYS organization in a positive manner that optimized resources and acquisition strategies.
• Supervised and provided leadership for 20 ITS civilian and program support staff.
April 2018 – June 2019 Acquisition Program Manager (APM) & System Acquisition Manager (SAM) Precision Strike Systems (PSS)
United States Special Operations Command, Program Executive Office Special Operation Forces Warrior
• Led the PSS IPT dual hatted as the SAM and APM for theater and national mission force ground and maritime domain requirements executing over $66M in FY19 and planned execution of $47M in FY20.
• Through extensive coordination and collaboration efforts with the Close Combat Lethality Task Force and Combating Terrorism Technical Support Office rapidly awarded a $9M critical development effort in support of SOCOM enterprise PSS loitering munitions.
• Led the IPT to award a mission critical contract in direct support of a MARSOC vehicle mounted direct attack PSS requirement with a contract ceiling of $50M.
• Coordinated the first PSS Capability Demonstration comprised of all 3-Star General Officer SOF Components and the national mission force, which enabled collaboration across the joint PSS enterprise.
June 2015 – April 2018 Program Manager Technical Collection and Communication (TCC) United States Special Operations Command, Program Executive Office Special Reconnaissance Surveillance and Exploitation
• Hand selected and was the only O4 to be chartered as a Program Manager to manage the PM TCC Portfolio cost, schedule and performance for four joint PoRs to include: Hostile Forces Tagging Tracking and Locating, Tactical Video Systems, Blue Force Tracking and Special Communications Enterprise.
• Successfully managed a dynamic portfolio of over $100M annually comprised of RDT&E, PMC and OMMC appropriations interfacing with theater SOF components and national mission force and the intelligence community.
• Supervised and provided leadership for 16 TCC civilian and program support staff.
April 2012 – June 2015 Project Officer Combat Operations Center (COC)
Program Manager MAGTF Command, Control and Communications, Marine Corps Systems Command
• Led the COC Variant (V)2-4 an Acquisition Category III Program through the IPT of matrixed military, civilian and contractor personnel to achieve the sustainment of over 290 legacy COC Family of Systems while simultaneously managing the cost, schedule and performance of a hardware modernization effort, totaling $96M.
• Serving as the Contracting Officer Representative, led the IPT through approval of engineering change proposals, testing, hardware and software integration, fielding and sustainment to the operating forces.
Leadership Experience In Three Iraq Combat Deployments | Open To Travel (OCONUS Included) | Member of Fairway For Warriors In Orlando |