346 Kimi Court, Casselberry FL 32707 | C: (407)353-1825 | [email protected]
To leverage my fourteen years of experience in project management, education development, safety, and hazard analysis in the health care industry to a manager role in construction and manufacturing. I have consistently worked to meet the needs of the customer in a diverse range of environments requiring an extensive knowledge of safety disciplines, regulatory requirements, and rapid decision making.
• Safety program development
• Emergency/disaster planning and response activities
• Safety auditing and inspection
• Code compliance: TJC, AHCA, CMS, OSHA, NFPA
• Education presentation development
• Analyze and development risk mitigation strategies
01/2012 to Current Nemours Children’s Hospital
EOC Safety Officer / Emergency Manager
Part of initial opening team for Nemours children’s hospital in the medical city area of Lake Nona. Conducts education and orientation of staff on safety and emergency preparedness. Chairs the Environment of Care Committee for LEED Gold certified facility, which includes key performance metrics and data review, process and policy implementation, and management plan updates/revisions. Chair Emergency Management Steering Committee and coordinates all emergency management planning and response functions. Conduct safety rounds on inpatient, outpatient, business, and commercial occupancy locations to identify risks, recommend solutions and effectively work with leadership and support departments to mitigate risks.
• Developed and co-led COVID-19 emergency response team which was responsible for local, regional, and state operations related to the pandemic. Developed best practices for fit testing, personal protection equipment, and community disease surveillance monitoring to determine hospital and community impact.
• Successfully received hospital accreditation during tri-annual survey with 95% element of performance compliance in the Environment of Care standards and 96% element of performance compliance in the Life Safety Chapter of the 2018 Hospital Accreditation Manual.
• Responsible for extensive process improvement initiatives in hospital construction and risk assessment. Developed best practices and industry standards for hospital safety in construction, surveillance, and mitigation.
• Lead multidisciplinary Ebola response team during the 2014 Ebola outbreak to manage suspected Ebola virus patients across our integrated care system.
• Developed hospital workplace violence and active shooter response policies and procedures with education, drills, and functional exercise program.
• Lead taskforces for process improvement efforts of various safety and operational initiatives in the hospital and central Florida clinics.
05/2008 to 04/2011 Orlando Health
Corporate Safety Specialist
Conducted hazard surveillance and other independent audits, which attributed to increased compliance with Joint Commission (TJC), CAP, CARF accreditation, NFPA, ACHA, OSHA, and EPA regulatory requirements. Performed industrial hygiene functions including testing, sampling, results evaluation, record keeping, and employee notification.
• Developed organization’s first Respiratory Protection, Indoor Air Quality, Fall Protection, Fire Safety, and Hearing Conservation programs.
• Participated in performance-improvement activities relating to safety, including PI data analysis, identification, and PI indicator monitoring.
• Developed various educational programs for hospital team members in areas such as OSHA compliance programs, hazardous material handling, ergonomics, and chemical management for all departments throughout the organization.
Central Energy Plant Engineer 06/2011-12/2011
Operated and maintained boilers, chillers, generators, and associated support systems. Checked and monitored cooling towers and regulated feed water for central energy plant. Completed assigned preventative and corrective maintenance work orders in the facilities maintenance work order system.
09/1996 to 05/2008
• Analog to digital platform transition team member for wireless telecom company
• Customer service and technical support lead
• Led team to support customers in phone programming, equipment/feature changes, and call quality support initiatives
• Quality analyst for various customer service lines
• Vendor manager team lead for quality assurance program
Master of Business: MBA
Liberty University – Lynchburg, VA
Bachelor of Science: Occupational Health & Safety
Columbia Southern University – Orange Beach, AL
• Graduated with Honors, Summa Cum Laude
• Coursework concentration in Hazardous Materials Management, Fire Safety, Toxicology, Industrial Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, Manufacturing Safety and OSHA Standards
• OSHA 30-Hour Construction Industry Training Certification
• (CHEP) Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional
• (ILO) Intelligence Liaison Officer – Central Florida Intelligence Exchange (CFIX)
• (CHSP) Certified Healthcare Safety Professional
• HAZWOPER, Hazmat DOT
• (CIHM) Certified Industrial Hygiene Management
• American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE)
• Member of the Central Florida Medical Disaster Coalition